DAOs are the future of companies.
@deworkxyz talked to 100+ DAO operators.
And here’s what they found:
- no more long recruiting processes to find value-aligned contributors
- scaling up/ down for DAO objectives is easy
- work output > time input
- hard to get people consistently work on useful stuff
- not sure who’s the right person for the job
- onboarding process takes forever
What’s a role in DAOs?
- It gives one certain access to do things, but not mandatory.
Members can self-select specific roles in servers, and the ROLES become accumulated stamps of approval that members can earn.
You prove yourself trustworthy and competent in that role.
Also in various applications now: spreadsheets, Notion workspaces, Treasury mgmt apps, and DAO tools like @guildxyz.
DAO contributors accumulate local reputation and access to their Discord server.
But what if the role-gating process is structured in work management tooling in the first place?
Work is broken down into Projects and tasks.
The tool defines which role grants you certain work access.
DAO operators can control who should get access to what work by the roles.
a clear and precise JD.
eg, design, frontend dev
put “levels” in the game. a gradual reputation building helps you learn who/how much you can trust.
eg, Community L3, SmartContracts L1
1. you create tasks, bounties and projects
2. gate them to the appropriate level
3. allow contributors with those levels to claim those workflows and start the work
Claim the roles that are available for L1, then L2, and continue!
communities will be able to see which contributors make more contribution.
Through the role center, contributors get a clear picture of the role, and DAO operators know who to go to for specific tasks.
- Globally recognizable roles
contributors vetting process can be standardized.
- Vision alignment will be represented through roles.
High involvement, high efficiency.
- Combining multiple roles
Ex: proficiency role from guild X + vision alignment role from DAO Y = role Z
And @deworkxyz will collaborate with @guildxyz to realize the function of setting quantitative rules for contributors!
Looking forward to the tool’s debut.
We discover great stuff in web3 and supercharge web3 projects.
As DAOs grow to a certain scale, management wisdom and tools are needed.
These Decentralized Autonomous Organizations are reflecting the future society.
They might replace the way in which we see companies today.